Why do you need to have digital marketing for gym and fitness industry?
If you are a fitness trainer or gym owner, you need to consistently find new clients every month.
For that, you have to show your clients that you are better than your competitor’s gym.
How you are going to do that?
That’s where digital marketing comes into play.
To differentiate yourselves from other businesses, you need an effective digital marketing strategy so that you can serve your potential audience in a better way.
Here in this article, I’ll share you some digital marketing strategies that will not only generate leads for your business but over a long period of time will establish you as a brand.
Follow these strategies religiously digital marketing for gyms if you want to paly the game for long term.
- Invest in good SEO:
SEO is one of the powerful digital marketing tools as most of the gym and fitness clients search online for gyms near them.
You won’t believe the sheer number of people looking for your exact services in Google.
Imagine your website showing in one if these services, how many clients you can get on a daily basis. Potential is unlimited.
The various SEO tips that you can use in your fitness niche are:
- Create top-notch and locally-focused content
- If you don’t have a website, create one. If you do, then optimize it.
- Also, optimize your Google listing
- Build Name, Address, phone number citations all over the internet
- Find keywords that you can rank for and put it all over your content
- Create backlinks for your best content on a regular basis
- Invest good in paid advertisements:
The online paid advertisement has revolutionized the advertisement industry.
Earlier only business with high revenue used to do paid advertisement.
But with digital advertisement platforms has made it easy for local businesses to run the advertisement.
Various ad platforms that are very effective for the gym and fitness industry are:
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram ads
- Google ads
Initially, online advertisements may not drive great results, but they do drive a ton of brand awareness.
Some ads like banner ads are extremely cheap and can be used to not only leads but a ton of brand awareness at a very low cost.
Marketing gyms using Google PPC campaigns is the fastest way to generate leads online.
Make sure that if you don’t have much experience with it, you should hire an online advertisement expert or you may end up wasting a lot of money.
3. Have a strong social media presence
Social media is the place where millennials and gen z are spending most of their time in the internet.
So if you do not have a social media presence then you may not feel genuine to your target audience.
Since the gym niche is very visual-heavy, you can make a great social media presence on a visual-heavy platform.
At the same time, you can provide a great deal of education regarding a healthy lifestyle and holistic living using the platforms.
The top 3 platforms you can use for social media presence are:
- Instagram: You can create a business profile on Instagram and start posting on a daily basis over there. Since it is an image-heavy mobile-friendly platform, you can build yourself a significant brand over there. You may also end up getting followers organically as well. The possibilities are endless
- Facebook: No matter what anyone says, Facebook is still one of the most relevant social media platforms out there. There are more than 2 billion people on Facebook and there is a high chance that your clients visit the platform once a day. So start investing is building a Facebook Real Estate.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is also an image-heavy platform the same as Instagram. It is easier to build a highly engaging community on Pinterest as compared to other platforms. So put out highly engaging content on Instagram.
- Create Youtube Videos:
Youtube is a platform that provides you with the opportunity to upload content in video format.
According to a recent study, video is the form of content that is consumed the most amongst all forms of content.
It provides your customers with an opportunity to visit your gym before actually setting foot in the gym.
In addition to that, youtube is the second most used search engine after Google.
So you can also create informative problem-solving content for your audience that will in turn build your credibility as a brand.
Some tips for Good Youtube marketing strategy
- Create quality content. Make sure that your videos are worth viewing before you start asking for subscribers
- .Start with whatever you have. You don’t need fancy equipment to start, you can even start with a smartphone and basic editing software.
- Do SEO and keyword optimization for each and every video on Youtube
- Mobile marketing
The fitness industry is going mobile-savvy. Around 80% of your customers are going to consume all your content via mobile.
So whatever content marketing activities that you are doing, do it in such a way that it is mobile friendly.
If possible go for mobile app development for your industry which will solidify your brand in the industry even further.
In conclusion, I would like to say that if you are into gym and fitness niche and not doing digital marketing, you are missing out on a lot.
Not only digital marketing is cost-efficient, but also measurable and result driven.
And if you want me to help you with your gym and fitness business, then you can mail me at email@example.com.